Hi Friend! I’m Jamie and I’m so glad you found your way to My Daily Cup. I hope you stay a while.
- I married my high school sweetheart in 2007.
- In 2010 we welcomed our first born, Hutch.
- 18 months later, in 2011, our Adalyn graced us with her presence.
- Skip a handful of years to 2015 when our Elliott or “Ellie” was born.
- I’m saved and realize that it is by God’s amazing grace that I am free and forgiven. I mess up daily. I let my children and husband down all the time. Yet He loves me and continues to guide me into an ever growing relationship with Him.
It’s wild. It’s busy. It’s overwhelming. It’s messy. It’s our life and it’s what fills my daily cup. see what I did there?
I started My Daily Cup as an outlet. I’ve dabbled in photography and real estate as outlets; however, both of those left me wanting more and less all at the same time. I didn’t like how much time they took away from my family but at the same time I kept seeking more of both of those. Nine times out of ten those days ended with me feeling empty and overwhelmed.
Through many life happenings, Bible studies and talks with my man, I began to pay attention to what made my good days good. Why were some so stressful but others were a breeze? I realized on the bad days I was seeking out my wants and desires. I prayed often that God would continually reveal himself in the small things throughout my day. That’s when I started seeing what truly filled my cup. And that’s what I want to share with you. The good, the bad and the sometimes ugly. If you find yourself tired and depleted at the end of the day, stay strong; you aren’t alone! I want My Daily Cup to be a place where you can read a little then walk away feeling refreshed or encouraged. I want you to begin to recognize God in the little things and see how he fills YOUR cup. I’m certainly not perfect at this but perhaps we can swap tips and create a community that encourages one another.
The Good Stuff:
- I love pizza. I could have a serious conversation about it at any given moment.
- 90’s country and 90’s pop music gets me every time.
- Any song with a saxophone solo has my heart.
- I have music playing all the time.
- I love a good v-neck t-shirt. I’m claustrophobic so the normal crew neck t’s make me panic. It’s true.
- I love antiques and vintage items.
- I don’t craft. Saying the word “craft” makes something deep within me boil. I just can’t. The patience just isn’t there.
- Books of all sorts. Lately my books are faith based. I’m pretty sure the last fictional book I read was Twilight. G’head, judge me.
- Cooking. Oh how I love to cook. Get ready to see some good recipes on here!
- Shoes, but I oddly don’t buy them often. I’m that person that finds one pair I like and wears them non stop until I find the next pair. I should change that.
- Clothes. That’s all.
- Coffee. Coffee. Coffee. I’m not an all day coffee drinker. One cup is good for me but it better be semi-sweet, hot and not from Starbucks *GASP*
- Oh, and abbreviating words. Y’all I just don’t even know how to explain this one but if you are in my community, you get it. If you aren’t, well you will soon understand what I’m talking about. My husband and I try to find ways to shorten the shortest of words and it’s fun and it makes us laugh and it probably drives our friends crazy.
I get that this is all silly stuff and you will see lots of “material” things here on the blog but I want to be clear that what truly fills my cup is God. His amazing grace has my heart and I want my posts to be filled with that. I’m constantly growing and learning how to do life more like Jesus. I’m learning to see more of His blessings throughout my day. What a difference it can make when you make that perspective change. I pray you see Him through me.
So, thank you for joining me on this journey. Grab your daily cup of coffee, prop up your feet and enjoy a few of my thoughts.
For inquiring minds, I take my coffee medium roast with a splash of cream, sweetener, and a dash of cinnamon.